Thursday 11 September 2008

In a blaze of glory

Whether worn with jeans and a retro concert t shirt or over a floaty feminine maxi dress, the blazer always seems to pull together a look. High School saw me wearing an over sized moron blazer of sorts (fit wasn't high on the agenda at the uniform shop). I dabbled with major shoulder 'paddage' at my first job interview smack bang in the middle of the 90's. While last week, I gave way to the power of trend and added a tuxedo jacket to my already overcrowded wardrobe. 
I'm predicting SS08/09 will see the blazer grow some serious tails. I stole these from a family member who once loved a bit of hot shoe shuffle (let's hope he's hung up his tap shoes). I'm loving them casually with jeans and may attempt throwing them over a cocktail dress in the future. I admit, they're a risk and I could have missed the mark completely with this one. If so, I guess I'll be coming home with my tail between my legs (pun so intended).

22 people have commented:

Ali said...

Looking HOT indeed!! Love the mix of grey/stripes and denim!! So hot. Love this outfit!!

Sar said...

Hey thanks for visiting me!!!! Cool to have an offshore visitor. Your blog is cool, I will definitely come back for a visit to see what you're up to. Cheers, Sar

Anonymous said...

Luv the tails Sic

leeselooks said...

pretty much obsessed with all blazers...

this one is so alluring...

xx.

Blogette said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love-love-love your blazer. Only last night i was lying in bed reminiscing about a Sass & Bide blazer with tails that I missed out on...( how fashion obsessed am I ?!)
I'm a big blazer fan. I live in mine :)

You look gorgeous, love your hair. Beautiful photo too.

Skye said...

You look lovely in those tails - I'm too short to get away with them (blazery type jackets generally look wrong on me), but my two year old son wears a little tuxedo jacket with tails all the time. Very cute!

WendyB said...

I had a great lace jacket with tails on my blog recently.

Unknown said...

I have 3 "tail coats". I think they are great. You look gorgeous in yours. Do post a pic when you wear it with a cocktail dress - sounds great.

Make Do Style said...

The grey looks great more sublime and stunning than black - although maybe black for a glam evening out!
This could be a grower...

Anonymous said...

Perfect tails there! i realise that comment sounds odd...

Helen said...

I keep seeing these tailed coats and I can't get my head around them.. wouldn't I look like a circus ringmaster? But you look fabulous, and I'm sure I will be lusting after something similar soon enough...

Lady Melbourne said...

Oh cripes, if you wake up one morning and this is missing from your wardrobe, you know where to find it!!
Adorable, you are definitely ahead of the trend.
LM
x

Louise said...

That is a paticularly fabulous look, I had never been sold on tails, but you might have just won me over! I really like how you have edited this photo, it works so well with the look of what you're wearing.

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

Not fair! Women have more options than you can poke a stick at without borrowing from men's trends :(

ps is there a top hat to accompany those tails?

Tricia said...

that jacket's freaking hot.

dancing tallulah said...

I love you in those tails...

I hope you don't mind but I've added you to my blog roll xxx.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-thanks for stopping by and you have a great blog!! Love this jacket, a real cool look!

Anonymous said...

TAILS - OH LORD!
I think I just died and went to heaven. Pigeon Combine made a t-shirt with tails in one of their recent collections which I thought was one of the most brilliant things I'd seen.


Thank you for your lovely comments at SoG!

we wear things said...

oh wow that blazer is perfect!!!

-issa

rosa rouge said...

i love your hair!!

<3

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

I know I'm really, really late, but I love, love, love, that jacket!

Hope you've been doing fine, my dear.